OPA is Having Our First In Person Monthly Meeting in 3 Years Monday Night! Here’s a Preview of What to Expect:
- FREE Salads & Donuts Courtesy of OPA & Waymo
- 6pm – 7pm: Waymo Learning Session: A Waymo representative will be on hand along with one of their self driving cars to answer questions about their work.
- 7pm – 7:45pm: Guest Speakers:
- City Manager David White
- City Council-member Jesse Zwick
- SaMo Police Department
- City Manager David White
- Key Agenda Items: Click here for the full meeting agenda that includes Sharing an Open Main St planning for this Summer
- Meeting is Hybrid This Month: Join live in person at Alfafa or via this Zoom link
- Click here to add the meeting to your calendar
Spring Forward into Daylight Saving This Sunday: Didn’t we vote to abolish the time change? This article details the roadblocks facing the Sunshine Protection Act while this article gives you tips to prepare for the time change.
SMPD Chief Ramon Batista Talks About Homelessness, Crime & Staffing Up: This SMDP podcast features him discussing 2023 areas of focus and need. And here is recap of the conversation.
Hotchkiss Park Has a Darkly Fascinating History: This Street Seen details the Hollywood plot worthy amount of death and intrigue that led to the park’s founding.
Crudo-e-Nudo Team Opening New Wood Fired ‘Isla’ Concept in Little Prince Space: This Eater LA article details the the plan to open Isla in it’s new permanent home @ 2424 Main St. on March 29.
SaMo Issues a Consumer Alert About Crypto Ponzi Scheme Targeting Latino Investors: This Press Release details what is happening, what to look out for, and offers resources.
World of Barbie Pop-Up Coming to SaMo: This KTLA video report details the 20,000 square foot overwhelmingly pink experience and how to get tickets that went on sale this week.
Things To Do This Weekend:
- Coffee with a Cop at Urth Caffe @ 2327 Main St (Thursday 5-7pm): More details here.
- OPA Arts Task Force Monthly Meeting (Thursday @ 6pm): Join on the 2nd Thursday of every month at Tavern on Main. Feel free to just drop in or click here to reach out to Nick Rolston for more info.
- Silent Disco, Loud Moves (Friday 7-10pm): Grab your glowing headphones and party it up right on Third Street Promenade for Disco Fridays! “Our silent DJ’s will curate 3 different channels with the perfect playlist to suit your vibe. Disco Fridays are free and all are welcome.” More details here.
- FREE Community Garden Workshop: Seed Starting (Saturday 9am @ Main Street Community Garden): “Learn some great tricks from our seasoned gardeners on how to get the best start for your summer veggies! Garden gates open and free refreshments are served w/ seasonal seeds available at the event. More details here.
- City Council Special Meeting (Saturday): Here is the agenda for the “Workshop to Select Council Priorities and Provide Direction on the Fiscal Year 2023-2025 Budget.”
- SaMo Black Lives Association is hosting Black History Month Festival (Saturday 4-10pm): Rescheduled from rainy 2/25, this “Celebration & Solidarity – Black History Month Festival” will feature local vendors, live band performances, street performances, fashion show, games and a special performance by Krayzie Bone of Bones, Thug N Harmony. Click Here to contact SMBLA for more info.
- Heal the Bay Aquarium Comedy Club (Saturday @ 8pm): Where else can you watch comedy while the fish are swimming around you? And it’s BYOB! More details here.