Main St. Closed to Traffic THIS Sunday AM for Festival of Chariots Parade from Approx 10-11am (more details below)
Sharing an Open Main St is NEXT Weekend – Aug 12 & 13!
- Main St will be closed from Hill to Kinney Streets as Main St transforms again into a pedestrian plaza all weekend long!
- Expect a “Kids Korner”, plenty of live music, beer gardens, pickleball in the street, climbing wall, and much more!
- Click Here for the full music and activity schedule.
- Come out and meet your neighbors while supporting local businesses.
OPA Welcomes Two New Members! We’re Looking for 8 More Members in our Summer Membership Drive: Thank you Carmen R, Jowanda and Justin D for joining at National Night Out this past week and welcome to OPA! If you enjoy this newsletter and all the events and community work OPA is leading, please help our efforts by becoming a member. Most memberships are $20/year but there is also a $10/year option. CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Beach Tennis Spotlight: This SMDP article explains what it is and it’s history.
SaMo Rents Drop for Third Straight Month: This SaMoLookout writup summarizes the Apartment List’s August report.
Local Food News:
- Meet Bar Monette: This Resy write-up by OPA member Erin Mosbaugh describes it as “a New Santa Monica Destination for Hot Pizzas and Cool Wines.” 109 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Augie’s on Main: The casual “dirty chicken” spot from Michelin starred chef Josiah Citron just received their liquor license and are now selling beer and wine to go along with their famed fried chicken. 2428 Main St.
- LA Times Food Lists Holey Grail on their “Most Culturally Specific Doughnuts in LA” List: More details here.
- Southern Charm Meets LA – Pa’s Biscuitisserie Pops Up at Coucou for Biscuit Delights: More details here. 218 Main St.
Things To Do This Weekend:
- Movie Screening (FREE): “Keep it a Secret: The Story of the Dawn of Surfing in Ireland”: “This look into the unsung history of Ireland’s now world-renowned surf scene details the power of sport to bridge any divide.” Thursday, Aug 3, 7:00 p.m. @ Patagonia, 1345 3rd St. Promenade. Free drinks and snacks available. More details and RSVP here.
- Abbot Kinney First Friday Food Truck Fest: About two dozen food trucks are expected to line the street for this monthly event. Friday, Aug 4, 5:00 – 9:30p.m.